Private dentists are often going to cost a little bit more than an NHS dentist because you are funding the whole treatment yourself. An increasing amount of people are choosing private dentists over NHS funded dentists – but why? Can it ever really be worth the money?
Quite often, you will get a longer appointment with your dentist if you choose to go private. If you have concerns about your teeth or oral hygiene, then it can be reassuring to have longer with your dentist. This is also good if you are a nervous patient and have a lot of anxiety attached to a visit to the dentist.
Private practices will also have a hygienist, who you will be able to see at all appointments. They check on your oral health and your gums.
In conclusion, it might be worth seeing a private dentist if you have some specific concerns or want to see a hygienist, but it won’t be worthwhile for everybody.
Is it time to find a new dentist? If you find yourself dreading a visit to the dentist, a change could be just what you need. Chances are, you feel this way for a reason. Maybe you don’t like the atmosphere at your current dental practice. Or perhaps you would like a specialist treatment, such as tooth whitening or Invisalign, that isn’t available in your current practice. In all these instances, a change of dental practice would be a really good idea. If you live in or around Leicestershire, look for a new dental practice Leicester online. (more…)
It’s never easy to find a new dentist. There are lots of different practices around, and many of them will not be taking on new NHS patients. How do you know which surgery is going to be right for you? Can you trust the dental practitioners who work there? Will they be doing the very best for your oral health, or will they be more interested in making money out of you? Dentistry is a profitable business, after all.
When you search for ‘dentists Nottingham‘, a lot of results are going to be returned. Here are some of the ways you can choose the dentist that is going to be right for you:
- Think about going private. It will cost more, of course, but you will have access to a variety of different treatments that aren’t available on the NHS. These will primarily be cosmetic treatments, but you will also be able to visit a dental hygienist, which should be an important part of your oral care.
- Look for a dentist close to you. Nobody likes going to the dentist, so find one close to you in Nottingham. It will make the whole experience more bearable if you are able to visit the dentist easily.
- Get a free consultation. Many dentists will offer a complimentary consultation before carrying out any work on your teeth, especially for longer, ongoing treatments like braces or Invisalign systems. Find a dentist you are comfortable with and talk through your treatment with them.
- Look at the practice opening hours. Private dental surgeries should have better opening hours and appointment times. Find one that is going to be convenient for you – if you are paying for your treatment, you want it to be convenient.
What treatments can a dental practice in Nottingham offer?
Private dental surgeries can offer a broad range of treatments that you simply wouldn’t find available on the NHS. Some of these include:
- Dental implants. This is where an implant is put into the gum, and new crowns are fitted onto it. This is a more permanent solution than having dentures and it will look incredibly natural, making it a popular option for younger people.
- Invisalign braces. This is a brace system that is completely clear. It is designed to be as subtle as possible, so people will hardly know that you are wearing Invisalign. You can also take the braces out to clean them thoroughly.
- Dental surgery. You may be offered slightly different options on the NHS if you need surgery. A private clinic will put your requirements first – if you are a nervous patient and need some sedation, this can usually be arranged for you. They will be able to carry out all kinds of surgery, like tooth extractions and root canal treatments.
Look around carefully and find a dentist that works for you. Personality is as important as anything else, especially if you don’t like visiting the dentist. If you are paying for your treatment, you should make sure you are perfectly happy with every aspect of it.
In the media and in day to day life, more people are choosing to alter the appearance of their teeth. Part of this is the influence of celebrities – everyone is in competition with each other to have better teeth. Natural teeth are getting less natural and veneers are getting bigger. In the celebrity world, it really has gone a little bit too far. But for most people, it is a really positive thing that cosmetic dentistry is now so widely available.
You will no longer have to rely on a few private dental practices to find good quality cosmetic procedures. There are plenty of dentists and orthodontist offering cosmetic treatments, which is also making it more affordable and adding to the growing popularity. If you have always worried about the appearance of your teeth, now is the time to do something about it. Book a consultation with a qualified cosmetic dentist.
Tooth whitening treatments are accessible and popular. They are offered in numerous dental clinics across the UK, making the easy to find in most areas of the country. For people thinking about teeth whitening treatments, here are some points to consider:
- Always have your teeth whitened professionally. You can buy kits to use at home but for someone inexperienced, you could end up doing a lot of damage. Consult with a professional first.
- Decide on a sensible shade of white. Something too bright will look very unnatural. It’s best to go for something a little less white that will appear natural and will be easier to maintain.
- Think about how you will look after you teeth. You may be able to take some steps to help improve the colour of your teeth without a whitening treatment. Try certain types of toothpaste and always use an electric toothbrush. Floss twice a day as well.