Finding the very best dentists Leicester can offer is going to be the aim of anyone in need of dental treatment in the Leicestershire area. There are lots of dental practices in the area, so you might find that you need to look long and hard before deciding on the practice you will select. There are lots of different ways you can decide on choosing a dentist in the Leicester area, depending on what you need to get from your dentist. To help, this guide will take you through some of the different things you should think about when finding a new dentist in Leicester, helping you to arrive at the best decision for you and your oral health.
When looking for a dentist in Leicester, we suggest you think about the following:
- What treatments do they offer? You might just be going for a general check up at first, but it’s always worth knowing what they can offer in the future. For example, if you need an emergency dentist, will you be able to turn to your usual dental practice in Leicester? This is far more convenient if you can, as they will know your medical history and you will be close to them. If you need more specialist treatments in future, like dental implants or bridges, check if the practice offers these as well.
- Have they been recommended? Ask friends and family which dentists they visit, and whether they have been happy with the service. If they have, it might be worth enquiring and seeing if they are taking on new patients. Recommendations is often the best way to find an important service like that of a dentist.
- Do you want to go private? A private dentist will usually cost more, but there are many benefits you get for this money. You can take advantage of more treatments and there will usually be a hygienist based at the practice as well, helping you take care of your gums and overall oral health. If you don’t want a private dentist, you may have to wait longer to sign up with an NHS dentist.
- Is the location convenient? Visiting the dentist isn’t always people’s favourite thing to do! You can make the visit a little bit easier for yourself by choosing a practice that is convenient for you. Choose a dental surgery that is close to where you live, or that has ample parking, so you can visit easily and won’t be worried about your visits.
- What dentists do they have working there? Check whether they have a good range of dentists and dental hygienists, and see if they have orthodontists at the practice as well. This can be useful if you decide you are going to have a cosmetic dental treatment in future, such as a tooth straightening treatment. You won’t have to find anywhere else to go if this is already offered by your current dental practice.
Don’t rush into a decision – find the right dentist for you in Leicester and make sure your oral health is well looked after.