Cosmetic dentistry is a big decision. It is going to make a big difference to your appearance, and it isn’t going to be cheap. However, it makes a big difference to your appearance for all the right reasons, and it really should be something you think about carefully. So many of us are unhappy with our appearance, and so much of that is to do with our teeth. You can do something about it, by adding cosmetic dentistry Leicester to your next online search. Find out about the practices and treatments that are close to you, so that you can find out about all the different treatments available and have a full understanding of what they can all do for you.
Some of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments
Cosmetic dentistry is not a step to be taken lightly. However, when you do decide to do it, you will see big results and can dramatically improve your life. There are many trained dentists and cosmetic dental surgeons who can carry out the work for you in Leicester, meaning that you will have plenty of choice when it comes to the location of your cosmetic dentistry.
Here are some of the most common treatments that you might be considering:
- Crowns. These are fixed onto or over the tooth to change its appearance in some way. Crowns will often be used if you have damaged a tooth and it has broken or chipped. The crown will hide this and make your teeth look more uniform, as the crown will be made to blend in with your existing teeth.
- Bridges. Similar to crowns, bridges are used to alter the appearance of a tooth but they are usually used if a tooth is missing. They might be fitted between teeth to mask the fact that a tooth has come out.
- Veneers. Less permanent than crowns, veneers are fixed onto teeth to change their appearance. They might be used to hide teeth that are wonky or crooked, or teeth that are slightly chipped. Some people will also use veneers to make their teeth whiter.
- Tooth whitening. This is where the teeth themselves are whitened, by the application of a solution to the teeth. This will be a gradual process that will take place over time, so you can achieve the whiteness you want.
- Straightening treatments. There are various ways an orthodontist can straighten out your teeth. They can use traditional braces or, if you want something more subtle, Invisalign. These are clear braces that are much less visible, and that can also be removed.
Is cosmetic dentistry right for you?
If you have concerns about the way your teeth look, then cosmetic dentistry is a great decision for you. It is of course a decision you should take seriously, but talk to your Leicester dentist to make sure you are going into the process fully aware of what is going to happen. They can make sure you know what to expect and talk you through the treatment in greater depth.