It’s never easy to find a new dentist. There are lots of different practices around, and many of them will not be taking on new NHS patients. How do you know which surgery is going to be right for you? Can you trust the dental practitioners who work there? Will they be doing the very best for your oral health, or will they be more interested in making money out of you? Dentistry is a profitable business, after all.
When you search for ‘dentists Nottingham‘, a lot of results are going to be returned. Here are some of the ways you can choose the dentist that is going to be right for you:
- Think about going private. It will cost more, of course, but you will have access to a variety of different treatments that aren’t available on the NHS. These will primarily be cosmetic treatments, but you will also be able to visit a dental hygienist, which should be an important part of your oral care.
- Look for a dentist close to you. Nobody likes going to the dentist, so find one close to you in Nottingham. It will make the whole experience more bearable if you are able to visit the dentist easily.
- Get a free consultation. Many dentists will offer a complimentary consultation before carrying out any work on your teeth, especially for longer, ongoing treatments like braces or Invisalign systems. Find a dentist you are comfortable with and talk through your treatment with them.
- Look at the practice opening hours. Private dental surgeries should have better opening hours and appointment times. Find one that is going to be convenient for you – if you are paying for your treatment, you want it to be convenient.
What treatments can a dental practice in Nottingham offer?
Private dental surgeries can offer a broad range of treatments that you simply wouldn’t find available on the NHS. Some of these include:
- Dental implants. This is where an implant is put into the gum, and new crowns are fitted onto it. This is a more permanent solution than having dentures and it will look incredibly natural, making it a popular option for younger people.
- Invisalign braces. This is a brace system that is completely clear. It is designed to be as subtle as possible, so people will hardly know that you are wearing Invisalign. You can also take the braces out to clean them thoroughly.
- Dental surgery. You may be offered slightly different options on the NHS if you need surgery. A private clinic will put your requirements first – if you are a nervous patient and need some sedation, this can usually be arranged for you. They will be able to carry out all kinds of surgery, like tooth extractions and root canal treatments.
Look around carefully and find a dentist that works for you. Personality is as important as anything else, especially if you don’t like visiting the dentist. If you are paying for your treatment, you should make sure you are perfectly happy with every aspect of it.