Cosmetic dentistry is a big decision. It is going to make a big difference to your appearance, and it isn’t going to be cheap. However, it makes a big difference to your appearance for all the right reasons, and it really should be something you think about carefully. So many of us are unhappy with our appearance, and so much of that is to do with our teeth. You can do something about it, by adding cosmetic dentistry Leicester to your next online search. Find out about the practices and treatments that are close to you, so that you can find out about all the different treatments available and have a full understanding of what they can all do for you.
Some of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments
Cosmetic dentistry is not a step to be taken lightly. However, when you do decide to do it, you will see big results and can dramatically improve your life. There are many trained dentists and cosmetic dental surgeons who can carry out the work for you in Leicester, meaning that you will have plenty of choice when it comes to the location of your cosmetic dentistry.
Here are some of the most common treatments that you might be considering:
- Crowns. These are fixed onto or over the tooth to change its appearance in some way. Crowns will often be used if you have damaged a tooth and it has broken or chipped. The crown will hide this and make your teeth look more uniform, as the crown will be made to blend in with your existing teeth.
- Bridges. Similar to crowns, bridges are used to alter the appearance of a tooth but they are usually used if a tooth is missing. They might be fitted between teeth to mask the fact that a tooth has come out.
- Veneers. Less permanent than crowns, veneers are fixed onto teeth to change their appearance. They might be used to hide teeth that are wonky or crooked, or teeth that are slightly chipped. Some people will also use veneers to make their teeth whiter.
- Tooth whitening. This is where the teeth themselves are whitened, by the application of a solution to the teeth. This will be a gradual process that will take place over time, so you can achieve the whiteness you want.
- Straightening treatments. There are various ways an orthodontist can straighten out your teeth. They can use traditional braces or, if you want something more subtle, Invisalign. These are clear braces that are much less visible, and that can also be removed.
Is cosmetic dentistry right for you?
If you have concerns about the way your teeth look, then cosmetic dentistry is a great decision for you. It is of course a decision you should take seriously, but talk to your Leicester dentist to make sure you are going into the process fully aware of what is going to happen. They can make sure you know what to expect and talk you through the treatment in greater depth.
Private dentists are often going to cost a little bit more than an NHS dentist, because you are funding the whole treatment yourself. An increasing amount of people are choosing private dentists over NHS funded dentists – but why? Can it ever really be worth the money?
Quite often, you will get a longer appointment with your dentist if you choose to go private. If you have concerns about your teeth or oral hygiene, then it can be reassuring to have longer with your dentist. This is also good if you are a nervous patient and have a lot of anxiety attached to a visit to the dentist.
Private practices will also have a hygienist, who you will be able to see at all appointments. They check on your oral health and your gums.
In conclusion, it might be worth seeing a private dentist if you have some specific concerns or want to see a hygienist, but it won’t be worthwhile for everybody.
Is it time to find a new dentist? If you find yourself dreading a visit to the dentist, a change could be just what you need. Chances are, you feel this way for a reason. Maybe you don’t like the atmosphere at your current dental practice. Or perhaps you would like a specialist treatment, such as tooth whitening or Invisalign, that isn’t available at your current practice. In all these instances, a change of dental practice would be a really good idea. If you live in or around Leicestershire, look for a new dental practice Leicester online.
If’s important you trust your dentist, but not just the person who actually looks inside your mouth and checks you teeth. It needs to be a team effort – you must also trust that the practice hygienists, dental nurses and receptionists also have your best interests at heart. When you find a practice that really suits you and your needs, it will make a big difference to your perception of visiting the dentist. Even the waiting room should be a place that feels pleasant, with some magazines to read and some comfortable chairs to put you at ease before you dentists’ appointment.
Here are some of the reasons why you should think about getting a new dentist in Leicester:
- You can choose somewhere convenient. We often go to the same dentist for years without really thinking about it. But how convenient is it when we really think about it? You should go to a dental practice that is close to where you live, that is accessible for you and that has appointment times that suit your needs.
- You will be able to find somewhere that offers specialist treatments. If you have thought about getting your teeth whitened, or you would really like them straightening, then this is a good time to consider moving dentist. Look for places that offer specialist orthodontic treatments, and dental treatments that are more premium, like implants. This shows that they can deal with a range of concerns and will be able to help with your particular ailment.
- There will be the chance to choose a dentist you get on with. Visit a practice to see if you are happy there and if you like the dentist you see. If not, there is the chance to go to a different member of staff.
- You can upgrade to a private dental practice. Have you ever thought about visiting a private dentist? It is something that will give you plenty of benefits – you can enjoy a better atmosphere and a better range of treatments. The practice will often be run by incredibly experienced dentists who can help with any kinds of oral issues.
How to find a new dentist
Looking online is always convenient, and you can look based on location, finding a dental practice that is close to your home or your workplace. Look at reviews and see what people have said about the practice you are considering before you make a decision.
It’s never easy to find a new dentist. There are lots of different practices around, and many of them will not be taking on new NHS patients. How do you know which surgery is going to be right for you? Can you trust the dental practitioners who work there? Will they be doing the very best for your oral health, or will they be more interested in making money out of you? Dentistry is a profitable business, after all.
When you search for ‘dentists Nottingham‘, a lot of results are going to be returned. Here are some of the ways you can choose the dentist that is going to be right for you:
- Think about going private. It will cost more, of course, but you will have access to a variety of different treatments that aren’t available on the NHS. These will primarily be cosmetic treatments, but you will also be able to visit a dental hygienist, which should be an important part of your oral care.
- Look for a dentist close to you. Nobody likes going to the dentist, so find one close to you in Nottingham. It will make the whole experience more bearable if you are able to visit the dentist easily.
- Get a free consultation. Many dentists will offer a complimentary consultation before carrying out any work on your teeth, especially for longer, ongoing treatments like braces or Invisalign systems. Find a dentist you are comfortable with and talk through your treatment with them.
- Look at the practice opening hours. Private dental surgeries should have better opening hours and appointment times. Find one that is going to be convenient for you – if you are paying for your treatment, you want it to be convenient.
What treatments can a dental practice in Nottingham offer?
Private dental surgeries can offer a broad range of treatments that you simply wouldn’t find available on the NHS. Some of these include:
- Dental implants. This is where an implant is put into the gum, and new crowns are fitted onto it. This is a more permanent solution than having dentures and it will look incredibly natural, making it a popular option for younger people.
- Invisalign braces. This is a brace system that is completely clear. It is designed to be as subtle as possible, so people will hardly know that you are wearing Invisalign. You can also take the braces out to clean them thoroughly.
- Dental surgery. You may be offered slightly different options on the NHS if you need surgery. A private clinic will put your requirements first – if you are a nervous patient and need some sedation, this can usually be arranged for you. They will be able to carry out all kinds of surgery, like tooth extractions and root canal treatments.
Look around carefully and find a dentist that works for you. Personality is as important as anything else, especially if you don’t like visiting the dentist. If you are paying for your treatment, you should make sure you are perfectly happy with every aspect of it.
In the media and in day to day life, more people are choosing to alter the appearance of their teeth. Part of this is the influence of celebrities – everyone is in competition with each other to have better teeth. Natural teeth are getting less natural and veneers are getting bigger. In the celebrity world, it really has gone a little bit too far. But for most people, it is a really positive thing that cosmetic dentistry is now so widely available.
You will no longer have to rely on a few private dental practices to find good quality cosmetic procedures. There are plenty of dentists and orthodontist offering cosmetic treatments, which is also making it more affordable and adding to the growing popularity. If you have always worried about the appearance of your teeth, now is the time to do something about it. Book a consultation with a qualified cosmetic dentist.